Here's a collection of things to do in and around the Conejo Valley that focuses on free live music. It's mostly festivals and shows put on bythe cities, parks and shopping areas that take place around the summer season. There are also a few clubs, some events not focused on music, and some paid events. It is not all inclusive, but pretty close to it for the free events.
Many of the event locations can be found on these maps.
These are the main series that are included. If they have a line through them, they aren't updated for 2017 yet.
- 15th Summer Jazz Concert Series (GOTW), Thousand Oaks
- Agoura — Summer Concerts in the Park, Agoura Hills
- Camarillo Arts Council Concerts in the Park Series, Camarillo
- Concerts by the Sea, Oxnard
- Concerts in the Courtyard, Simi Valley
- Music in the Park (RSRPD), Simi Valley
- Rock the Collection Concert Series, Oxnard
- Saturday Concerts in the Park (WLV), Westlake Village
- Summer Concert Series (Janss), Thousand Oaks
- Summer Concerts in the Park (T.O. CRPD), Thousand Oaks
- Sun Sets Concert Series at Calabasas Lake, Calabasas
- Valley Cultural Center — Concerts on the Green, Woodland Hills
- Ventura County Fair, Ventura
Your Friend, Paul's event list
- MIRAGE - Visions of Fleetwood Mac ⇒ MIRAGE - Visions of Fleetwood Mac celebrates the classic lineup of the legendary superstar band. Based in Los Angeles, the members of "Mirage" capture the look and sound of Fleetwood Mac live in concert. The band is a spinoff of the highly successful band, "Bella Donna - A Tribute to Stevie Nicks", which was awarded the highest honor of being praised by the real Ms. Nicks after she heard a live performance by singer Michelle Tyler and the band. "Bella Donna" also appeared on AXS TV after being crowned one of The "World's Greatest Tribute Bands". "Mirage" focuses squarely on Fleetwood Mac and their Greatest Hits in the five piece authentic concert recreation. More information at MIRAGE - Visions of Fleetwood Mac
- Relish ⇒ Relish is a truly versatile rock and roll dance band playing everything from rock, R&B, disco, blues, country, and pop to current radio hits. With outstanding vocals and superb musicianship, Relish offers a unique and energetic live music experience playing great songs from the 60’s to the latest hits! More information at Relish website
- Hollywood U2 ⇒ Based in Los Angeles, Hollywood U2 lays claim to the title of World’s Greatest U2 Tribute Band. Known as not simple U2 impersonators who have an uncanny resemblance to the original band, they are consummate musicians bringing the true heart of U2 to every performance. Hollywood U2 is the only band to date to be selected to perform twice on the AXS.tv show “The World’s Greatest Tribute Bands.” Their set list includes “One,” “Bad,” “Where the Streets Have No Name,” “Sunday Bloody Sunday,” “With or Without You,” “Pride (In the Name of Love),” “Vertigo,” “Beautiful Day,” “New Year’s Day,” and “Mysterious Ways.” More information at Hollywood U2 website
- Queen Nation ⇒ Take a retrospective journey through such Queen songs as “We Will Rock You” and “Bohemian Rhapsody” with one of the nation’s greatest live tribute acts! More information at Queen Nation
- Melvin Seals and JGB ⇒ Melvin Seals has been a powerful presence in the music industry for over 30 years with a long-established reputation as a performer, recording artist and producer. Melvin is most revered for his powerful, high-spirited, Hammond B-3 organ, and keyboards in the Jerry Garcia Band. Melvin spun his B-3 magic with the Jerry Garcia Band for 18 years and in doing so helped pioneer and define what has now become "Jam Band Music". From blues to funk to rock to jazz, Melvin Seals serves up a tasty mix with a little R&B and gospel thrown in to spice things up. More information at Melvin Seals and JGB
- Raymond Michael ⇒ When Raymond Michael was a freshman operatic voice major and football player at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA, he was asked to represent the football team on a panel when a hypnotist show came on campus. The hypnotist asked Michael to perform as Elvis; he did, received a standing ovation, and has been performing as Elvis ever since. More information at Raymond Michael